Beer Can Chicken with Chipotle Cream Gravy
8 ½ Chicken Portions with 4 oz Gravy
- Whole Chicken Fryers
- Southwestern Dry Rub
- Onions, sliced
- Chipotle Peppers, canned in adobo sauce
- Beer (Mexican lager like Corona or Dos Equis)
- Chef’s Companion Country Gravy Mix, Dry
- Adobo Sauce, from canned chipotle
- 4 ea
- ½ c
- 2 ea
- 8 ea
- 1 qt
- 6 oz
- 1 oz
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
- Cut out backbone of chicken and press down so you have a whole chicken, splayed.
- Rub Chicken evenly with dry rub.
- Put sliced onions in bottom of a hotel pan large enough to hold chickens (may have to split between 2 pans) top onions with beer, then lay chickens in single layer .
- Bake chickens in oven for 15 minutes, to brown, then turn down oven to 350°F cover with foil and bake until internal temp is 160°F.
- Remove chickens from pan and wrap in foil to carry over cooking to 165°F.
- Pour liquid in bowl and let sit five minutes for fat to rise to the top. Remove fat.
- Add enough water or chicken stock to make 1 quart of liquid and bring to 180-200°F.
- With wire whisk, whisk in Chef’s Companion Country Gravy, let simmer until thickened 10 minutes and whisk in the rest of adobo sauce.
- Hold gravy for service and serve with ½ roasted chicken.
Products In This Recipe
Recipes You May Also Like
DYMA Brands Announces Multimillion-Dollar Investment in Manufacturing Equipment, Expanding into New Capabilities within Product Lines
DYMA Brands Announces Multimillion-Dollar Investment in Manufacturing Equipment, Expanding into New Capabilities within Product Lines Increases capacity and
DYMA Brands Education Segment Leader Renate Durham Appointed to Georgia School Nutrition Association’s Industry Advisory Board
DYMA Brands Education Segment Leader Renate Durham Appointed to Georgia School Nutrition Association’s Industry Advisory Board Mrs. Durham
DYMA Brands Launches Mixers for Cocktails and Mocktails, Bringing More Unique Beverage Options to Consumers
DYMA Brands Launches Mixers for Cocktails and Mocktails, Bringing More Unique Beverage Options to Consumers Enables customers to
DYMA Strengthens Its Support of Boys & Girls Clubs of America Through Co-branded Salt and Pepper Packets
Ongoing donations will support the youth-serving organization in providing safe spaces, caring mentors and life-enhancing experiences to kids and teens across the nation.
ATLANTA, May 12, 2023 – DYMA Brands (“DYMA” or the “Company”), an industry leader in foodservice innovation and manufacturing, will exhibit its diverse portfolio of cutting-edge foodservice products at the 2023 National Restaurant Association Show, taking place at McCormick Place in Chicago, IL on May 20-23, 2023.
DYMA Brands and Welch’s Form Exclusive Partnership to Bring America’s Well-Loved Jams and Jellies to More Consumers
DYMA Brands (“DYMA” or the "Company"), an industry leader in foodservice manufacturing, is partnering with Welch Food Inc. (“Welch’s”) to be the exclusive food service distributor for Welch’s portion control jams and jellies.
Stay current on the latest
from DYMA Brands
Enter your name and email address to receive our newsletter updates and other promotions.